Careers: Supply Chain Planner
Supply Chain Planner
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Polaroid Originals is a new brand from Polaroid dedicated to analog instant photography in the original, iconic format. It’s the next step in a journey started by The Impossible Project, who kept the format alive since 2008, and we have big plans for 2019 and beyond! We’re a spirited, quickly growing international group that’s passionate about instant photography, reframing the way people create, connect, and share memories. Come join us!
We are looking for a strong creative problem solving Planner to help drive our business forward. The main accountability is to ensure optimal availability of our products across all lines of businesses to fuel future growth. The Planner/Purchaser is operationally responsible for the supply planning of assigned products in Film, Hardware (New & Vintage), Accessories and POS (Point of Sales) categories.
Furthermore, s/he is the first point of contact for our third party Accessories, POS and Vintage camera suppliers/vendors and are responsible for purchasing new products in these product categories.
Objectives of the role
- Responsible for inventory management of the regional warehouses, preventing and resolving inventory challenges and ensuring inventory targets are met against the lowest possible costs
- Manage the supply planning for all regional warehouses, to ensure our products are available at the right place, right time and right quantity
- Align and fine-tune production planning with first- and second tier production units
- Manage the purchase to pay process with third party suppliers and evaluate the monthly supplier forecast
- Generate and analyze various supply planning related reports based on sales forecasting and market events, and making adjustments where possible to improve performance
- Take ownership to solve challenges in the supply chain, together with the relevant stakeholders, in order to run a smooth business in all our regions and business units (wholesale and direct sale)
- Run and attend various supply related meetings to solve and advise on production- and supply planning bottlenecks with Management Team
- Manage suppliers by maintaining various KPI’s (OTIF, operational business, invoice discrepancies)
- Enter and maintain system transfer orders in the Microsoft NAV system
The ideal candidate
- Strong communication and negotiation skills that translates across different internal teams and outside the company, including an excellent command of verbal and written English
- Strong organizational skills, capable of prioritizing and executing tasks while working autonomously with minimal supervision
- Creative problem solver, able to think innovatively while wrangling data from multiple sources
- You show entrepreneurship in the way you work and you know how to get things done
- A bachelor degree in business economics, business administration or supply chain and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in supply planning and/or purchasing
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics is a pre
What to expect
This is a full time role based in our Amsterdam HQ. You’ll be reporting directly to the Global Demand Planning & Replenishment Manager and working closely across the whole team.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV, motivation and/or any other relevant information to support your application to Koen Berkhout via firstname.lastname@example.org.