Careers: Studio Manager
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Polaroid Originals is a new brand from Polaroid dedicated to analog instant photography in the original, iconic format. It’s the next step in a journey started by The Impossible Project, who kept the format alive since 2008, and we have big plans for 2019 and beyond! We’re a spirited, quickly growing international group that’s passionate about instant photography, reframing the way people create, connect, and share memories. Come join us!
The Studio Manager will be responsible for working with the Marketing and Comms Teams and the Creative Director to guide and manage creative projects from the starting point of initiating creative proposals and project plans, through to project completion. The team is presently made up of about 7-8 people and the Studio Manager would be responsible for the daily task flow for each of them. The studio manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of processes relating to the workflow and productivity of the team. The ideal candidate possess strong project, process and time management skills, and enjoys getting the details of everything and piecing them together.
- Ensure all briefs are dispatched properly to the team in the studio based on individual's strengths and skills
- Create each written individualized project brief which would then be dispersed to the creative team members in order for them to efficiently complete the tasks
- Create a workflow structure by maintaining the daily work schedules of the creative department
- Ensure work is delivered on deadline, compiling studio schedules, updating studio schedules regularly
- Lead bi-weekly meetings with the creative team to facilitate open discussion and transparency with any outstanding and overlapping tasks
- Keep all departments informed about project status, dispatching workload
- Managing annual leave of employees and resource management across both freelance and permanent members of the team
The ideal candidate
- will plan and ensure the best productivity from the creative team, estimating workback time on tasks, traffic management, production management, resource allocation and deadline management.
- Completely own Trello boards and all the active cards which the team is working on
- Familiar with Dropbox and server structure to be able to contribute to an organized working system with the team
- Efficient verbal and written communication skills
- excellent organizational skills
- proven leadership skills and ability to meet deadlines in a stressful environment, whilst motivating a team with a wide variety of skill sets
- able to think outside the box, have meticulous attention to detail and possess problem-solving skills
- A good knowledge of the design and production process is critical.
What to expect
This is a fulltime (office based) job, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV, GitHub, and/or any other relevant information to support your application to Els Rijpstra and Jose Tjonk (HR) via email@example.com.