Careers: Senior Digital Designer
Senior Digital Designer
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Polaroid Originals is a new brand from Polaroid dedicated to analog instant photography in the original, iconic format. It’s the next step in a journey started by The Impossible Project, who kept the format alive since 2008, and we have big plans for 2019 and beyond! We’re a spirited, quickly growing international group that’s passionate about instant photography, reframing the way people create, connect, and share memories. Come join us!
We’re looking for a passionate and talented designer with digital design experience to assist the team as we embark on our next phase, introducing even more items that show the world what makes instant photography so special, and meaningful, now more than ever.
You’ll work directly with the head of e-commerce and creative director, as well as UX designers and developers to produce materials that focus primarily on our online business. You’ll have the chance to make a meaningful contribution to creative tasks, campaigns, and identity.
A strong understanding of typography and layout is essential, particularly as applied to digital assets across multiple screens and email platforms, and a passion for art direction and identity design will be needed to help the team produce the best work possible.
- Translating the brand vision online through compelling visual communication across devices
- Translate brand campaigns into email newsletter campaigns
- Design and produce top-quality, creative advertising and effective designs for digital media such as our website, online magazine, emails and social media assets
- Produce online assets for campaigns and initiatives for all platforms
- Contribute to exciting advertising, motion-graphics, and email initiatives
- Editing product imagery and sample images
- Offering input to creative meetings and sharing ideas
- Art direction on our in house photo shoots
- Communicating with senior team members to receive feedback
- Supporting the team throughout the execution of campaigns and projects
The ideal candidate
Communication is a big part of the job, so you should feel confident enough to contribute to the entire creative process. Keeping a finger on the pulse of current trends is also key.
For the rest we would like to see
- Graduate degree in visual communication design (or similar)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional-Level knowledge of Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud programs.
- Experience with motion design is a plus
- A solid understanding of design, color, and typographic principles including UI?UX with strong emphasis on mobile.
- Basic retouching skills
- Experience with responsive design and designing for multiple platforms
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and produce quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Ability to facilitate, learn and benefit from design critique in a team
- Play the role of brand ambassador, and ensure that all touch points are in line with the creative vision.
- Willing to collaborate with other designers as well as pitching in on other projects.
- A strong and diverse design portfolio
- Experience in designing for email marketing, knowledge of CSS and HTML, and experience in e-commerce.
- Interest in technology, awareness of its latest trends and developments in the digital world.
What to expect
This is a full time role based in our Amsterdam HQ (Houthavens). You’ll be reporting directly to the Head of E-commerce and working closely across the whole team.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV, GitHub, and/or any other relevant information to support your application to Els Rijpstra (HR) via email@example.com.