Careers: (Senior) Front End Developer
(Senior) Front End Developer
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Polaroid Originals is a new brand from Polaroid dedicated to analog instant photography in the original, iconic format. It’s the next step in a journey started by The Impossible Project, who kept the format alive since 2008, and we have big plans for 2019 and beyond! We’re a spirited, quickly growing international group that’s passionate about instant photography, reframing the way people create, connect, and share memories. Come join us!
We’re looking for an accomplished and resourceful frontend web developer to help drive our E-commerce business forward. This is a role for a bright and driven self-starter who is passionate about building a best in class customer experience online. It’s a unique opportunity to make a significant, direct impact in an exciting startup environment developing one of the world’s best loved brands since its relaunch late last year.
You will support the entire E-commerce team, cross-functionally, through full ownership of our front-end codebase by developing fast, clean, robust templates, interfaces and features that engage and delight our users and customers. Working closely with UX design, creative and marketing, customer retention initiatives, operations, sales and more, your goal is to collaboratively determine the best development solutions for wide-ranging issues and opportunities, and execute against them independently.
As a baseline, you should have strong working knowledge of the following tools and topics:
- HTML5 - Liquid templates, Microformats or Schema.org, email templating
- CSS - CSS3, Media Queries and Flexbox, Pre-parsing tools like SASS or LESS. Strong experience with Mobile First and Responsive Web Design
- Shopify - Slate, Shopify APIs, Theme development
- Version control, deployment, build tools - Git, Deploybot
- Experience with an A/B testing/conversion rate optimization platform like VWO a plus but not required
The ideal candidate
We are looking for someone with experience in e-commerce specifically, and/or an understanding of the core UX/UI concepts that will help develop a delightful web experience that’s highly optimized for conversion and retention.
In addition, we are looking for the following:
- Ability to filter complex problems into simple, understandable solutions and/or actions with a clear point of view, while also taking into consideration the big picture brand/marketing/sales strategies.
- Very strong communication skills that translate across different teams, including a command of verbal and written English (we are an international team).
- Very strong organizational skills, capable of prioritizing and executing tasks while working autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Creative problem solver able to think innovatively.
- A positive, solution-oriented mindset. We are a fast-scaling lean team, and maintaining flexibility and a collaborative outlook while facing new or unknown issues, which can at times have demanding deadlines, is key.
What to expect
This is a full time role based in our Amsterdam HQ. You’ll be reporting directly to the Head of E-commerce and working closely across the whole team.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV, GitHub, and/or any other relevant information to support your application to Els Rijpstra (HR) via firstname.lastname@example.org.